Lebanese fashion brand Elie Saab faced backlash for sharing a photograph of Israeli actress Gal Gadot wearing a dress from its collection. The Wonder Woman wore a blue sash dress by the designer for the National Board of Review Awards Gala earlier this week. Elie Saab's Instagram page then posted an image of Gadot, with a description of the flawless actress in the brand's Ready-to-Wear Spring Summer 2018.
The Wonder Woman wore a blue sash dress
Since there are tensions between Israel and Lebanon, the post immediately sparked a backlash online before being removed altogether, reports a leading entertainment magazine.
Wonder Woman was banned in Lebanon
A Lebanese journalist Heba Bitar commented on social media: "I love and respect Elie Saab, but is he really happy an Israeli actress wore a dress he designed?'
Another social media user wrote, "I'm not gonna ask why would she wear Elie Saab... but I'm asking why would his team post it? Unacceptable!"
Gadot had served for two years in the Israeli army as a combat trainer, and Lebanon's Ministry of Economy issued the ban just before the film was scheduled to premiere. It was reportedly blocked by the government because of the star's nationality and her support for Israel's army.
Our More Posts:-
- Best Handbags For Ladies
- Top 5 Film Production House in Delhi
- Best Website to Buy Artificial Jewellery in india
- Best Wall Stickers in India
- Top 5 Best Wedding Photographers in delhi
- Home Remedies for Fighting Asthma
- How to Fight Depression Naturally?
- Top 5 Wedding Planners in Delhi
- 3 Benefits of Chamomile
- Top 5 Low Budget Holiday Destination in India
- Best Face Wash Under Rs.100